Help us protect California Pets!
AB 2304 will endanger pets in California.
AB 2304 (Garrick), a bill introduced in the state legislature, would allow individuals who are not licensed or regulated to use dental instruments on pets to clean their teeth without any veterinary oversight.
It would eliminate current law that protect pets during this veterinary procedure. If passed, there would be:
- No supervision by a licensed veterinarian.
- No minimum standards for the facilities.
- No minimium standard for cleanliness and sanitation such as clean and sterilized instruments
- No requirements that medical records be kept on your pet when these procedures are performed.
These individuals would be allowed to perform veterinary procedures with no specific education, training or licensing requirement.
There would be no prtexction for the pets of California.
If the animal is injures by an unlicensed or unregulated person, the pet owner has no recourse. There is no state agency where you could file a complaint if the animal is injured or dies.
We understand how important your pets are to you and we hope you will join us in defeating the poorly written legislation that puts the pets of California at risk.
Please contact or write your assembly member and encourage them to vote NO on AB2304!
- From the California Veterinarian Medical Association.